Friday, March 14, 2008

Jill's first post

Hi, Everyone,
I thought that, for my first blog, I would just introduce myself and tell you a bit about my background. I have always been interested in nutrition and was lucky to find this major as a freshman at Penn State University. My interest in nutrition stems from my years growing up as a dancer, gymnast and soccer player. I knew I needed fuel to get through my activities and I wanted to learn more about it. I also came to realize, through personal family experiences, what a role nutrition can play in health and disease-prevention. Becuase of the impact nutrition has had on MY life, i feel passionate about it as an important part of everyone's life.

After graduating, doing my intership and passing the boards for my license, I've had some really great jobs all over the Northeast and down here in Charlotte. I've worked in alot of rewarding settings both with in-patients and out-patients and both adults and pediatrics and coming to TNT has been the best experience of all.

I love getting to sit one-on-one with each client and help them work on improving their health. I think we both learn from each other - since each person is unique, they have their own unique outlook on the role foods plays in their life, how they approach various situations, what techniques work for them and what they deal with each day as it all relates to nutrition - I can treat each person differently and find out what works for THEM. Seeing a smile at the end of a session or just hearing that they really learned something new is what I strive for.

Anyway, you'll be hearing from me each week so I thought you might want to know a bit about the person who was writing :-) Have a great weekend! Jill

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin